- The Government is all set to remove the cap on the number of partners in partnership firms as well as in banking companies regulated under the Company Law. (ET)
- There would be no dilution in the minimum number of independent directors on the boards of listed PSUs. Sebi Chairman M Damodaran has ruled out any change in corporate governance norms for PSUs as regards independent directors on their Boards. (BL)
- Crude oil traded at $100 per barrel for the first time on Wednesday on concerns that violence in Nigeria may further cut output. (BS)
- Sebi has said it would allow institutional investors to start short selling, which was banned way back in 2001 in the aftermath of the Ketan Parekh scam, from February 1. (BS)
- With prices of cement in Tamil Nadu soaring, the state government has said that it may take over private cement factories in the state, if price hikes were not controlled. (BL)
- The Government is considering an increase of Rs.4 and Rs.2 per liter in the price of petrol and diesel, respectively. (ET)
Saturday, 5 January 2008
NEWS section would focus mainly on big news that would have some impact on Economy, Markets, etc.